Technical Project Manager
Energym is a dynamic, growing, engineering Start-Up company based in Birmingham, UK that has developed patent-pending low carbon technology. Their technology captures and converts the energy applied to gym equipment into clean sustainable electrical power. Having received support from Gymshark, their technology is set for imminent launch to both the domestic and commercial markets. They are now looking for an organised, skilled, and ambitious technical project manager to join their growing team to drive the electrical engineering aspects of the project forward.
- Control elements of the project life cycle
- Track progress and milestones
- Managing staff and setting KPIs
- Lead electro-technical team meetings
- Develop best practices
- Reporting to the executive team
- Consumer Electronics Design and lifecycle from cradle-to-grave
- In-depth understanding of electrical engineering practices and principles
- Facilitate and supervise design development, testing and assembly of electrical equipment such as electrical generators, motors, battery charging systems and PCBs
- Technical leadership, time planning, and resource allocation
- Power electronics, PCB design, schematic design, battery charging, design for mass manufacture
- Understanding of product safety testing and Certification
- Team & People Management
- Supplier Management
- Compiling BOM's and negotiating with suppliers
- PLM & PDM
- CAD Design knowledge (Solidworks) for DFM
- Solid understanding of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- Support with EMI Testing and EMC
- Testing & Data Analysis
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Thrive in high-pressure situations
- Well organised and motivational team leader
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player and will handle resources and coordination from a technical standpoint. You will coordinate with other technical and marketing teams within the business in order to hit deadlines. You must set and achieve objectives, ensure top quality and control of the project, handle client and supplier interactions, and act as the subject expert. You will have expert industry knowledge of electrical engineering practices and a strong understanding of all engineering principles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiar with Scrum methodologies and OKRs.
What you'll get:
⚡️ Open to Full-Time and Part-Time Consultant dependant on the candidate.
⚡️ Salary: £30,000-£45,000