2020 was a tough year, no kidding.
And it’s going to be a while until we’re back to something resembling normality. COVID-19 has complicated our personal and professional lives in ways few could have imagined before the pandemic.
We’ve all been told by several Government-backed scientists that regular exercise is crucial in reducing the risk of developing further complications from COVID but the gyms are closed and group exercise is prohibited.
Gym closures have been tough on both businesses and members.
Many of us have had to rethink our fitness routines, adapting to life without the equipment we’d usually use and the peer support and instruction that we’d normally access from PTs and fellow gym-users.
Exercising at home presents a different dynamic to what many of us are used to, and you may have found it difficult to adjust away from the gym.
Whilst at-home exercise has many benefits, it can also be challenging and it’s not going away any time soon.
Unfortunately, we’re going to have to learn to live alongside COVID-19 for a while longer. Vaccines won’t eradicate it overnight and social distancing can’t always prevent people from getting infected. We may have to accept the relaxing and then the re-introduction of lockdown measures over the next 12 months.
Gyms will be the easy target for any new measures restricting contact between people until the virus no longer poses a significant threat to public health.
This could significantly impact your fitness goals. So, you need a way of staying on track even when you can’t get to the track, the gym or the studio. There’s no point staring at those brand-new cleats hoping that the class will start up again soon because it won’t, not yet.
No gym? No excuses!
Future-Proof Your Work Out with The RE:GEN
At-home equipment can seem like a compromise when compared to the inventory at your gym but make the right purchase now, and you can future-proof your workout against further lockdown restrictions and anything that comes after.
We’d like to introduce the Energym RE:GEN; it’s an indoor bike that builds workouts for you by tailoring each training session to the time you have available or to the effort needed to achieve your goals.
- Maximise the efficiency of your workouts not just during the pandemic but after it ends, too. Think of all those social and professional commitments that will kick back in once we’ve all returned to normal.
- 15 minutes or 50 minutes, it sets the resistance and intensity to align with your target.
- But this isn’t just your average indoor bike. It’s got some serious tech behind it:
- It’s electricity-generating for a start. You can create and store usable electrical power from your workout and use it to power devices in your home.
- You can compete against others and be rewarded for your clean-energy generation.
- Connect the RE:GEN bike to Zwift and enjoy immersive rides in a range of simulated virtual environments, racing against friends and strangers without social-distancing requirements.
- Get rewarded for hitting your goals. Earn Sweatcoin by working out and achieving your targets.
Use the Energym RE:GEN to Stay on Top of Your Lockdown Fitness Goals
- Set SMART goals for the fitness level you’re looking to achieve and let the RE:GEN build a workout programme that helps you meet and exceed those targets. Of course, you can just jump on and start exercising but achieving long-term goals often means meeting smaller milestones along the way.SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Bound.Don’t just say “I want to get fitter”. Instead try, “I want to ride for four hours a week and reduce my resting heart rate by 5 beats-per-minute”. The RE:GEN understands that keeping goals can be tough, so it rewards you for your clean-energy generation and for achieving the goals you set.
- If you’re sick of staring at the blank wall of your indoor gym, pair the RE:GEN with Zwift. Give yourself the feel of a competitive ride even when you’re exercising at home.
- Track your progress. The RE:GEN records your statistics so that you can see exactly how far you’ve come.
- Engage with a community. You can ride against your friends, family or strangers. The RE:GEN also recognises that you may be your own biggest competitor which is why it measures your previous performances against your current one so it can better understand you. Unlike other options which will always favour the riders at the top of their game, The RE:GEN can level the playing field. Win races by smashing your records rather than just racing to beat those further behind in their fitness journey.
- Reducing your carbon footprint doesn’t have to be painful. Generating your electricity reduces your reliance on non-renewable sources of energy. You can use that power to charge the devices in your home.
No gym? No problem.
Personal Power Like Never Before.
The Energym RE:GEN is the world's first smart fitness bike that captures and converts your workout into clean, useable, electrical energy that you can use. This electrical power is stored inside a portable battery, the Ohm.