Mechanical Design Engineer
About time for your new challenge?
Energym is a dynamic, growing, engineering Start-Up company based in Birmingham, UK that has developed patent-pending low carbon technology. Their technology captures and converts the energy applied to gym equipment into clean sustainable electrical power. We are now looking for an organised, skilled, and ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team.
- Setting and responding to design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external Company partners
- Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Knowledge of FEA and mechanical engineering principles and calculations.
- CAD Simulation and analysis
- Excellent understanding of injection mould tooling including draft angle analysis
- Identifying and researching opportunities for new Company products
- Analyse how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- Research manufacturer material selection and production techniques
- Use 3D modelling software to design products and components
- Create design for manufacture documents and ﬁles
- Create visual media using graphic design and sketch for marketing material.
- Maintain and upkeep FMEA and safety documents
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Improve the design of existing products
- Gather feedback from product users where authorised
- Work to maintain and uphold IP and design protection for the company
- Design and develop new technology and products for the Company and further develop existing products
- Help to test form, function and safety of products ensuring they are ﬁt for purpose and meet relevant industry standards
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the latest industry software including Solidworks. They will have the ability to work under pressure and constraints, be an analytical thinker, work well as part of a team, and have excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiar with Scrum methodologies and OKRs.
- CAD Design - Solidworks - Excellent work knowledge of Solidworks software is a must
- Computer-Assisted Engineering (CAE)
- Creative Problem Solving
- Strong Computer Skills
- Effective Team Player
- Project Management
What you'll get:
⚡️ 28 days holiday (this includes bank holidays)
⚡️ The chance to join a start-up and be part of the journey to success